Pages

Saturday, November 14, 2015

Intuition or Angels or Guides

Different people have different beliefs. That is accepted. As we travel through life, our beliefs sometimes change, but still there are such varying ranges within belief systems that sometimes it is hard to fathom.

Most people believe we have some kind of intuition. That voice that helps us along sometimes, where suddenly we just "know" something, or a direction to go. A sixth-sense is sometimes another way of expressing this intuition. We just have a feeling. Some believe we have a "higher self" that speaks to us. Then there are those who believe in Guardian Angels. Whether or not these angels speak or not depends on the person one talks with. Those who believe in Guardian Angels generally fall into the category of "religious" on some level, but not necessarily. And then there are those who believe we have Guides, as do I. 

"It makes no difference how one believes, whether one is religious or not religious at all, or whether 'there are no such things as angels or guides.' We are still guided, daily."

I believe I have Guides. I believe these Guides are entities in spirit form, that may or may not have lived a physical life here on earth, and who are there to help when we need. They provide the "voice" that sometimes tells me to buy something in the grocery store (which if I ignore, most often it was something I really needed, but felt I knew better). That voice also sometimes tells me that if something is left where it is, it might fall and break or spill. Easy things to rectify, and I am exceedingly grateful. Most of us chalk that down to intuition or just a "feeling." Yet once one gets past the doubting stage, it becomes easier over time to hear what the Guides are saying, and even to have conversations. 

Ana, sketched as I see her
I have had two active Guides for many years. One presented herself to me as a Native American woman, older, chubby and round faced, with mostly gray, grizzled hair and a huge grin. Her name was given me as "Ana", but pronounced with the second syllable stressed: a-NA. I was given to understand that the actual name was much longer, but that this was an acceptable shortening of the name. Ana would give me short, mostly one syllable answers like "yes" or "no" or "possibly". She rarely gave any sort of conversation, though I feel her there all the time with her smiling countenance. I sketched a picture of how I see her at right.

Another Guide came to me some years later, and her name was far harder to decipher. There was a jumble of letters, out of which I cobbled "Hajnia", and while I was given to understand that this was not quite it, the name was fine to use that way. After all, names do not matter all that much to an entity who no longer has a body or gender. Hajnia is the Guide who will actually give me more fleshed out answers, and sometimes conversation. I have had these two, plus a few others who seemed to be around but without communication.

I am writing this blog to establish how it is that I see things, and how I experience my guides. Take this in the spirit it is meant, and understand that a quick substitution for any of the alternative beliefs stated above will work. This blog is about my own personal journey and the things I have experienced along the way.

If you are of the mind to find out something about a Guide of your own, I would first suggest meditating on a daily basis. Create your own safe place in your mind: some place where you would feel absolutely safe and relaxed. It can be any place you like whether at the top of a mountain or at the sea shore, in a hot dry desert, or a lush green meadow. I chose something with high rock walls, and as it turned out, that was not by accident, but I didn't find that out until much, much later. Once you have a pace set in your mind, take yourself there and compose yourself for meditation. Relax and do your best to stay in the present, aware of things around you without any particular focus on them. Relax and see if you can feel a presence. Ask for a name. Say hello!

It really can be as easy as this. It may take some time if you find it difficult to relax and meditate, but if this is the case, then as one of the sayings goes, 

"Meditate for 10 minutes daily, unless you don't have time, in which case meditate for 30 minutes."


I have been on a spiritual journey, questing for inner peace, acceptance and non-judgment for many long years. This blog is the story of how I worked past some of the many issues. Outside of spiritual questing, I am an avid cook. Join me also at "A Harmony of Flavors" Blog, Website, Tumblr, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. I am an artist since childhood and recently began painting in acrylics. 

No comments:

Post a Comment